Welcome to Member Connection! Here are a few tips to get started:
1. Log in at connection.sae.org. Having problems signing in? Email the Community Manager for help.
2. Fill out your profile. We want to get to know you! You can either fill out your profile manually, or you can import your information from LinkedIn.
- Be sure to also fill out the Technology Interests, Career Stage, Job History, and Education areas--these will help your like-minded peers find you!
- Uploading a profile picture and a bio that show your personality is a great way to ensure that you make a good impression on the community.
3. Customize your profile settings. Start by finding My Account in your member profile. From here, you can set up how you want to receive emails from Member Connection, how much of your profile you want visible to other members, the signature area that appears under your discussion posts, and more. If you have any questions about what a certain setting means, please email the Community Manager for help! PRO TIP: We recommend subscribing to receive emails from Member Connection as a Daily Digest --that will send you a single email each day summarizing the hottest topics on the community. You can also get emails in Real Time--perfect for Member Connection power users or anyone who likes up-to-the-minute alerts on what's going on.
4. Build your contact list. First, select Member Directory from the top navigation bar. Then, use the member search to find friends and colleagues belonging to SAE International. Creating a contact list helps us to identify relationships and build searchable networks. PRO TIP: Find at least 20 contacts and request to add them to your contact list to complete your Profile Completeness bar.
5. What now? It's time to join the conversation!
- Let us know you’re here. Say hello and share what you are hoping to gain by participating.
- Ask questions. What do you want to know more about? Have a question about anything from professional development to technical problems? There's someone out there with the answer.
- Share ideas. Is there a hot topic you want to discuss? How about a lesson you've learned that might help your fellow members? Start a discussion thread or a blog post to give others a peek inside your world.
- Give feedback. Use your knowledge and experience to answer other members' questions. Just click "Reply to Discussion" to the right of any discussion post, or comment underneath a library entry or blog post.
- Spread knowledge. Upload useful resources to the Member Connection library, check out what others have uploaded, and keep the sharing going.
We're so glad to have you as a part of Member Connection. Enjoy!