* Over 38 years of experience in the energy and environmental protection fields: analysis, consulting, enforcement, engineering, law, management, policy and science--primarily in air pollution control from mobile sources and enforcement of emissions standards.
* Over 30 years of management experience overseeing technical staff developing and enforcing air pollution and energy efficiency laws and regulations. As Acting Enforcement Division Chief in 2001/02, I was tasked with creating the Enforcement Division at the California Air Resources Board (CARB). In 2015, I created the enforcement program at the California Energy Commission.
* Extensive litigation and legislation experience including serving as an expert witness in litigation and legislative hearings.
* Technical and policy consultation to various governments including Australia, Canada, Chile, China, France, Germany, India, Italy, Japan, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Philippines, South Korea, Sweden, Taiwan, and numerous others. Consultant to USAID Eco-Asia, China MEP, Beijing EPB and numerous NGOs, companies and academic institutions. Traveled to China on numerous occasions to consult on air pollution control.
* Lifetime member of the Air and Waste Management Association (AWMA) and Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE) and recipient of the SAE Environmental Excellence in Transportation Award. Recipient of numerous other certificates and awards for technical, legal and policy work in the environmental field. Published numerous AWMA and SAE technical and policy papers.
*Founded the California Council on Diesel Education and Technology (CCDET) in 1991. CCDET provides technical training to diesel engine/equipment mechanics and fleet managers for CARB air emissions compliance. CCDET is comprised of six California Community Colleges, CARB staff and diesel engine and equipment manufacturers and dealers. This program was the recipient of the prestigious SAE Environmental Excellence in Transportation Award in 2008. See http://www.arb.ca.gov/enf/hdvip/ccdet/ccdet.htm.