SAE Local Sections
26 states. 7 countries. Chances are the most talented engineers and mobility experts are right in your back yard, members of one of the 47 SAE Local Sections around the globe. This is where you have a chance to take deep dives into the latest advancements in the mobility industry and expand your network on a local level. Local Sections are by far one of our most valuable and popular Member Benefits year after year and there’s no additional cost to join.
Local Section New Member Drive: Win Up to $500!
Compete with other SAE Local Sections for bragging rights and section rewards. From now through June 30, 2021, the SAE Local Section that refers the most new SAE members will win $500 for their section.
- Compete for $500 (US) first prize, $250 second prize, $100 third prize for your section
- Earn an extra $20 (US) per member for your section for each new member recruited
- New members save 17% on their first year of SAE Membership
- Use Section Promo Code SECTIONMBR for new member sign ups here
- DC, Atlanta (Tie)
Here's How the Referral Process Works:
- Inform your referral there is a current incentive to join, which is a discounted membership of $99 (17% savings) and a 53% discount on the Bosch Automotive Handbook 10th Edition
- Send them to this page to join: https://www.sae.org/member-offer
- Once they start the application process, direct them to remove the promo code 99MBR2021 and replace it with the Section promo code SECTIONMBR for your Section to get credit
Promoting the Section Drive to your Local Section:
- Share the SECTIONMBR promo code with your Local Section Member Chair, Communications Chair, and Company Ambassadors (if applicable) as well as your current Section Members
- Highlight the SECTIONMBR promo code/Local Section New Member Drive via your Section’s:
- Social media channels
- Virtual event intro slide
The SAE Local Section New Member Drive is a program for SAE Local Sections to help recruit new members for their section as well as into SAE International.
For every new member* a Local Section recruits, they will receive an extra $20 for their section as well as be eligible for the $500 section grand prize.
- A “new member” is defined as anyone who has not been a professional member in the last 2 calendar years.
- This program is designed to recruit members brand new to SAE. As such, the following will not be considered when providing the incentive:
- Existing members who change employers
- Anyone who was a member within the last two (2) calendar years
- Student members
- Student transfers
Email Template (From Section Leadership to Current Section Members):
Subject Line: Help Grow Your Local SAE Section
Dear [FIRST NAME],
Our Local SAE Section exists to foster connections and knowledge sharing between mobility engineers and professionals in [City]. Now we have a chance to compete against other Local SAE Sections for bragging rights and earn money for our section.
During SAE’s Local Section New Member Drive, the Local Section that refers the most new SAE members by June 30, 2021 will win $500 for their section plus earn an extra $20 per new member recruited. New members can join SAE for only $99 (17% savings).
As a member of our [City] Section, you know firsthand how impactful our local programming, events, and connections can be. With the extra funding, our [City] Section may [insert how money is spent], which [outline perceived impact, e.g. more funding toward local student teams].
Think about mobility engineers and professionals in your network who aren’t part of SAE and invite them to join using Section promo code SECTIONMBR. Once they start the application process, direct them to remove the promo code 99MBR2021 and replace it with the Section promo code SECTIONMBR for your Section to get credit.
Email Template (From Section Members to Prospective Members):
Dear [FIRST NAME],
Since SAE has played such a big role as an engineer and as a volunteer on a number of SAE activities, I thought you might also benefit from becoming a member.
They’re currently running a special for new members where you can join for only $99 which gives you discounts on mobility events, peer-reviewed technical papers, and professional development as well as access to SAE’s network of mobility experts from around the globe.
During my time as a member, I’ve met some amazing colleagues who went onto become friends. If you have any questions, please feel free to give me a call or email them over.
I hope you’ll consider joining SAE. Here are details on the discounted membership. Once you start the application process, remove the promo code 99MBR2021 and replace it with the Section promo code SECTIONMBR.
Social Media Post Template:
[Image] Section Event Photo
Compete with other SAE Local Sections for bragging rights and section rewards. From now through June 30, 2021, the SAE Local Section that refers the most new SAE members will win $500 for their section https://connection.sae.org/sections/sectionopportunities
Access Your Local Section Microsite
Get the latest updates on what’s happening with your SAE Local section and connect with industry peers in your area through your SAE Local Section Microsite. To access, log into Member Connection, click “Communities” and then “My Groups.”