Students Call for Posters - Aerotech Americas
Deadline: January 21, 2018
Students are invited to submit an abstract for a poster to be displayed at AeroTech Americas. Abstract submissions will be evaluated, and authors will be notified in advance of the event. For those accepted, individuals will receive an official letter to
attend AeroTech (travel expenses are not included). Selections will be made by February 15, 2019.
Posters will be displayed throughout the 2.5 days of the event in or around the conference. A diverse panel of individuals from OEMs, suppliers, and government will be on-site to review and provide feedback on your display. SAE will provide an easel,
22” x 28” foam core board, and adhesive. Poster Topics/Categories:
• Manufacturing Technologies, including Additive Manufacturing and IIoT
• Flight Sciences / Engineering
• Avionics, including Connected Aircraft and Advanced Flight Deck
• Power Systems
• Unmanned Systems
• Vehicle Systems / Systems Engineering
• (More) Electric Aircraft
• Personal Aircraft (Urban Air Mobility)
To submit a poster for consideration, please submit the poster title, 300 word abstract and author names, affiliations and contact information to the SAE contact below by January 21, 2018
.For questions or other concerns please contact:
Rules of the Competition:
- Purpose and scope: The purpose of this poster display is to explain, instruct, define, clarify, demonstrate and teach the many concepts and applications of aerospace technology. All poster displays are to be non-commercial, academic in nature, not a substitute for an exhibit and not to promote a product.
- SAE Membership is not mandatory.
- An entry can be displayed by either a group of students or individual students. However, all involved participants in the poster creation and presentation must be currently-enrolled undergraduate students.
- Board size is 22” x 28”, to be displayed on an easel, either horizontally or vertically (discretion of the participant). No electrical outlets will be available.
Judging: Wednesday, March 27, 3:00 pm
- Starting Monday, March 25, 11:00 and completed no later than Tuesday, March 26 by 10:00 in the Exhibition area, at the Charleston Convention Center.
Judges will listen to a brief 10-minute presentation and 5 minutes of questions and select winning displays based on the following equally weighted criteria:
1) effectiveness in demonstrating a principle which fits into the purpose and scope of the AeroTech Conference
2) quality of the display
3) effectiveness of the presentation
4) ability to respond to questions
Prizes will be awarded at the Hangar on Thursday
Universities are also invited to exhibit at the event.