SAE International is actively seeking volunteers who are willing to do site visits to local universities to recruit new SAE Student Members.
SAE is working toward a new effort in recruiting students who are not associated with a CDS (Collegiate Design Series) Team. The goal to is to provide awareness of SAE International as a whole and share the benefits that come along with being a student member at the university level. Also, the explanation of benefits on a professional level as well as the free year of professional membership upon graduation, are two key parts we want to bring to students attention.
The following universities are included in the Ohio Area:
- Morgan State University
- US Naval Academy
- University of Maryland- Baltimore County
- Increase awareness with students and universities
- Increase awareness to member grads about the free year of professional membership upon graduation
- Increase awareness of SAE overall
- Visit university campus to spread awareness of SAE International
- Provide insight on Membership benefits
SAE will provide contact information for each school. A tool kit will also be provided to you with all the materials that will be needed. The tool kit will include information on the current events taking place at that specific university. All participants must be an SAE International Member or a CDS Alumni. Volunteers will be reimbursed for travel expenses, food, and food for the event up to a pre-determined amount.