College can be a financial burden, with tuition, room and board, everyday expenses, and textbooks. The Membership Team has created a new SAE Student Textbook Stipend in the amount of $1,000 USD to help you with the cost of textbooks. SAE wants to invest in your academic career, and beyond, to your professional career. And in return, we want to hear how your membership and your involvement in SAE has helped you to reach your academic and professional goals so far.
Your essay will be judged based on the following criteria:
- Organization & development of ideas
- Quality of SAE involvement
- Diversity of SAE involvement and activities
- Current, paid SAE International Student Member (Not a member? Join now at sae.org/join)
- Undergraduate (freshman through junior) pursing an engineering degree from an ABET accredited program
- 3.0 cumulative college GPA or higher is required (official transcript required)
Selection and Payment
Three textbook stipends of $1,000 USD will be awarded in Spring 2022. This textbook stipend is not renewable.
Application window will be open January 1 and will be closed April 29, 2022. The first 100 eligible applicants will be considered by the SAE Textbook Stipend Committee. The recipient of the textbook stipends will be selected by the SAE Textbook Stipend Committee by May 2022.